Tribute Games Inc.
Based in Montreal, Canada
April 18th 2017
Flinthook is a fast action-platformer with “roguelike” elements. Become space’s greatest pirate with your hookshot, pistol and slowmo powers!
In a galaxy filled with scoundrels and miscreants, everyone seeks treasure and riches! But when a malevolent treasure hunter hatches a sinister plan to unleash an ancient evil threatening the cosmos itself, Flinthook, the galaxy's smallest but toughest pirate zips into action! Be ready to jump, zip and blast around the meanest fleets the galaxy has to offer! Whether using time-slowing powers or his trusty blasma pistol, Flinthook is ready to take on all pirates, steal treasure and save the galaxy itself!
- Zip around with your mighty hookshot! Aim freely and toss your giant anchor at golden rings to propel yourself around the levels at high speeds, giving you the agility and swiftness needed to dodge hazards and enemy bullets.
- Shoot in 360’ through your Blasma Pistol! Take down all sorts of enemies with fresh hot bullets!
- Look really cool with slow-motion powers! Slow down time to adjust your aim or pull off a tight stunt - do it often, it recharges real quickly and it makes you at least 200% cooler.
- Blast through randomly-assembled pirate spaceships! Each level is special, as ships are procedurally built from hundreds of hand-crafted rooms, modified by various variants, filled with extraordinary treasure and populated by random waves of enemies.
- Hunt down the pirate lords of the Cluster Clan! Feed your compass creature to pinpoint the bosses’ location, then take them down and bring your bounty home. Your rivals are no space chumps, make sure you’re ready for the challenge!
- Collect rare relics and powerful perk cards! All the treasure you loot builds up your legend - unlock new equippable perks as you level up, buy permanent upgrades in the Black Market, and hoard collectible relics and lore pages!
- Uncover some mysterious secrets?! I don’t know, are there secrets in this game? O_O
FLINTHOOK explained in 2 minutes! YouTube
FLINTHOOK Gameplay Trailer! YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Famitsu Gold 2017" Flinthook on PS4 was awarded the Famitsu Gold prize in April 2017.
- "Annual Game Music Awards 2017: Best Score - Chiptune/Retro Runner-Up" Flinthook was the runner-up for Best Score in the Chiptune/Retro category for the Annual Game Music Awards 2017 by Video Game Music Online.
- "2018 Honoree Webby Award for Best Music and Sound Design in Games" Flinthook won an Honoree award for Best Music and Sound Design in Games from The Webby Awards 2018.
- "Space ghost pirates grappling to glory "
- Jonathan Holmes, Destructoid
- "A space pirate roguelike with one of the most satisfying movement mechanics ever"
- Tom Marks, PC Gamer
- "Flinthook, a beautiful and fast-paced action game (...) was my favorite game at PAX East last week."
- Patrick Klepek, Kotaku
- "First gameplay from Flinthook, a grappling hook rogue-lite from Tribute Games."
- Nick Robinson, Polygon
Graphics, sounds, backgrounds for streamers. tributegames.com.
Youtube and Twitch gameplay footage monetization policy
Tribute Games hereby grants permission for the use of in-game audio & video for “Let’s Play”, “Preview”, “Review” and/or “Commentary”-style videos across the web (YouTube, DailyMotion etc.), including ad-supported channels/videos. The creator of the video may use in-game audio & video for as many videos as desired. Please include a link to www.tributegames.com OR any online store or official website selling the title involved. Specific permission is required for any soundtrack use outside of captured gameplay. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Please let us know on Twitter when your video(s) gets published, so we get a chance to share it with our followers! bit.ly.
About Tribute Games Inc.
We're an independent game studio located in Montréal making entertaining games with a focus on pixel art and classic game design (sometimes with a modern twist). We are tremendously passionate about our work and our inspirations are mostly games from the 8-bit and 16-bit era. Why? Because these are the games we love and still play today.
More information on Tribute Games Inc., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Art Director, Concept and Background Artist
Animator and Sound Effects
Additional Sound Effects