Tribute Games Inc.
Based in Montreal, Canada
July 21st 2020
TAKE UP ARMS! Hop in the Paladin power armor, seize melee weapons from the demonic invaders and give them a taste of their own medicine!
The sight of giant swords blazing through the night sky might be hair-raising, but stand your ground! The sinister Ravenous and his legions of brutal demons are poised for battle. Even all the armies of the world can’t stop them, but humanity has one final ace in the hole: cutting-edge power armor called Paladin. It's now up to a strong-willed android named Flame to become a Squire, pilot the Paladin and track down all Weapon Keepers and their diabolical leader. The showdown between mankind’s technological prowess and the powerful forces of the occult has begun!
- An engaging action-platformer with fun and intuitive swordplay!
- Take control of Grit, the mighty Paladin power armor, or eject and play as Flame, the small-but-swift Squire pilot!
- Robots meet demons! Crush the forces of the occult with the power of cutting edge technology!
- Over 100 melee weapons to seize from enemies!
- Use weapons profusely: wield, throw, or shatter them!
- Snap a weapon in half to cast a powerful spell!
- Slash, bash and thrust your way through 17 mind-blowing levels located around the world!
- Carefully crafted 8-bit graphics, just like you remember them!
Panzer Paladin Launch Trailer YouTube
Panzer Paladin Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Panzer Paladin Challenge Core Content Update YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- " National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers: Nominee for Outstanding Game, Original Family 2020" Panzer Paladin has been nominated for the above NAVGTR award in 2020.
- " Annual Game Music Awards 2020: Winner of Best Score: Chiptune/Synthwave/Digital Fusion Award" Panzer Paladin won the above award for its double soundtrack (16bit style and classic 8bit) composed by Patrice Bourgeault. "Patrice Bourgeault’s score to Panzer Paladin encapsulates the idea of digital fusion. Not only does the score combine classic chiptune melodies with modern instrumentation, there was also an 8bit rendition released for those who want to take a more nostalgic approach. The soundtrack is full of catchy melodies that perfectly complement the locales for which they are written." (Don Kotowski, vgmonline.net)
- "Marooners' Rock Writers' Choice Award Winner" The Panzer Paladin demo won the Writers' Choice Award from Marooners' Rock at PAX East 2019.
- 8/10, Seth Macy, IGN
- "[The] amazing globe-trotting, alien-smashing adventure of Flame and Grit proves to be a delight from beginning to end."
- 8/10, Heidi Kemps, GameSpot
- "In a year already full of great action-platformers, this one shouldn't be skipped."
- 8/10, Jordan Devore, Destructoid
- "Panzer Paladin is one of those faux-8-bit throwbacks that exists to remind you that faux-8-bit throwbacks can be great. [...] This game has hooked me in deep. It's special."
- Christian Donlan, Eurogamer
- "With fresh combat mechanics, plenty of features, and a ton of replayability, Panzer Paladin is the latest great retro-action platformer that is worth your time."
- 8/10, Cameron Hawkins, DualShockers
- "Panzer Paladin has a unique, stylish charm in its own right."
- Tony Wilson and Alessandro Fillari, GameSpot
Panzer Paladin Facebook Page
About Tribute Games Inc.
Tribute Games is a studio developing and publishing video games with a focus on pixel art and classic game design. The Montreal-based studio has been steadily creating entertaining, challenging and retro-inspired games since 2011 using modern game development processes and technology. Their catalogue includes: Wizorb, Mercenary Kings, Curses 'N Chaos, Ninja Senki DX, Flinthook, and Panzer Paladin. They are also the developpers of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge, published by Dotemu, in partnership with Nickelodeon. In 2020, Tribute Games announced the start of a publishing division to help smaller developers publish their game. Tribute Games' first published title is Steel Assault.
More information on Tribute Games Inc., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Panzer Paladin Credits
Game Design and Art Direction
Lead Level Design
Level Design and Boss Design
Andrew G. Crowell
Thomas Mc Closkey
Julian Adam Marin